OK, I don’t know how these might work out but the premise is right with me so I’ll “Bite”. I’ll let you know what I think…Or jump on over and try them yourself…
We know that you would just love to “do the right thing” for yourself and the planet if it were convenient, fun, inexpensive, and made you feel good. But until now you have lacked a good source of advice for real people leading busy lives.
Congrats. Now you have a free one. See a sample of these short & sassy eco-living tips that arrive each weekday, then…
Here’s their sample Bite:
Use water filters instead – tap water might contain contaminants, but (believe it or not) bottled water isn’t always cleaner. Use home water filters such as faucet-mounted or pitcher filters – the best way to ensure a clean supply of drinking water at home.
- Save the 1.5 million tons of plastic expended in the bottling of 89 billion liters of water each year.
- Get rid of contaminants normally found in tap water such as chlorine, cryptosporidium, Giardia , lead and pesticide runoff.
- Save money – check out the Bang for the Bite (left) for the juicy details.
- Filters are a safer bet – up to 40% of all bottled water comes from a city water system, just like tap water.
We both have faucet-mounted Brita filters and are somewhat notorious for refilling and carrying hard plastic water bottles with us everywhere.
- Brita – this is our favorite – $34.99 (refill filters are $32.99 for 2)
- Pur – Very pretty, for you brushed chrome lovers… $49.49 (replacement filters: 4 for $37.98)
- Top 10 home water filters , water purifiers & water treatment system brands compared by price, performance and ongoing costs
- Nice cost comparison of various water filter options available
Source: Earth Friendly ideas from Ideal Bite: Your place for green living tips made fun and easy, green consumer, organic foods, organic living, eco-friendly, ecologically sustainable lifestyle website!