This list came from Julia and Andy’s Website. I discovered them last year during the spinach and e coli problem. Andy wrote an article about why he took himself out of the packaged greens distribution network. I liked the way he wrote and signed up for their newsletter. These are headings from the list, if you are interested in the body of each topic, use the link at the end.
10 Reasons to Buy Local Food
- Locally grown food tastes better.
- Local produce is better for you.
- Local food preserves genetic diversity.
- Local food is GMO-free.
- Local food supports local farm families.
- Local food builds community.
- Local food preserves open space.
- Local food keeps your taxes in check.
- Local food supports a clean environment and benefits wildlife.
- Local food is about the future.
©2001 Growing for Market. Permission to print and photocopy is granted.
Source: Ten Reasons to Buy Local Food