I have been tagged…You have probably seen this logo floating around, I know I have.
Eric Drummond Smith over at Hillbilly Savants tagged me. It makes my day to think someone else out there enjoys the meanders of my mind. Thanks Eric your tag means a lot.
I have been seeing these awards pop up on a number of my daily reads. I didn’t really think I would be getting one. I would say I probably have one of the least read blogs of those I have seen receiving the tag. I really appreciate that someone thinks my musings rate a mention. Looks like I have something to live up to now…
I have spent the days since I caught the tag trying to figure out who on my regular reading list I should tag. It is not a question I approached lightly. Most of the blogs I read I read just because they make me think. Without further ado, and ’cause I don’t need another procrastination around this blog, here are my five.
- Fragments From Floyd – Yes, I know, Fred has already been tagged. But it was reading Fred’s daily posts (and his book) that started me on this crazy journey of publishing on the web. So, if ya don’t care for my muses…Blame ’em on Fred.
- Beyond The Fields We Know – Daily writings from the little blue house on the edge of the Lanark Highlands. KerrdeLune (Cate) posts her observations, verse, and photographs of life in the far North (to me anyway).
- EarthSky Blogs – Beverly Spicer – This is a new discovery for me. I have listened to the podcasts and radio spots forever it seems but I just discovered the blogs.
- Appalachian Voice Front Porch Blog – News from Appalachian Voices.
- Cider Press Hill – One woman’s try at being ecologically responsible. Kate’s writings have had me thinking since I first stumbled upon her blog quite a while back…
So there you have my five. This post has taken longer than practically any other I have done to date.
Here’s the official rules to keep it rolling…
The participation rules are simple:
- If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
- Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
- Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn’t fit your blog).
That was that! Please, remember to tag blogs with real merits, i.e. relative content, and above all – blogs that really get you thinking! It is the first time I am starting something with my blog so I hope it doesn’t come back to haunt me.